If you are a UPSC aspirant, you must have heard of M. Laxmikanth. Yeah, this is the book which is suggested by almost all the toppers of this exam. But what makes this book most appealing for this exam?
Before going ahead we should know about the writer of this book M. Laxmikanth. M.Laxmikanth is a famous writer based in Hyderabad. He has written books like Indian Polity, Governance in India, Objective Indian Polity and Public Administration.
What is the reason behind being it the ultimate book for Indian Polity?
- It is easy to understand and comprehensible. The book is written in simple words, which can be easily understood by the aspirants in there first go itself.
- Polity subjects are divided into multiple tiny chapters, which covers almost all parts of UPSC polity syllabus. For example, in the Fifth Edition of this book, there are almost 76 chapters. They are not so long chapters they are divided to easily understand and co-relate each other without getting confused.
- This book covers most of the static part of the UPSC Exam, whether it is Prelims or Mains. If your basics are not strong then you should read NCERT first in order to get proper benefit from this book.
- This book tells the background story of major Polity events in our history as well. For example, when you read the topic like “Constitutional Framework” you will go through the multiple examples of what was going on in the constituent assembly at that time. Suggestions of esteemed members of the constituent assembly and countering with data and facts as well.
- If you can relate the topics with the current scenario then it will be a big plus for you, like how many seats are there in LokSabha and RajyaSabha and for how many seats the election has been held in this year, Current council of ministers and there functioning, Functioning of both houses, etc.,
So this is what makes this book all in one solution for Polity subject, especially for UPSC Preparation.
Thanks for reading, you can visit Infodestiny regularly for fresh contents regarding UPSC Preparation.